A systematic approach to environmental management can provide you company with information to build success over the long term and create options for contributing to sustainable development by:
- protecting the environment by preventing or mitigating adverse environmental impacts;
- mitigating the potential adverse effect of environmental conditions on the Company;
- assisting the Company in the fulfilment of compliance obligations;
- enhancing environmental performance;
- controlling or influencing the way the Company’s products and services are designed, manufactured, distributed, consumed and disposed by using a life cycle perspective that can prevent environmental impacts from being unintentionally shifted elsewhere within the life cycle;
- achieving financial and operational benefits that can result from implementing environmentally sound alternatives that strengthen the Company’s market position;
- communicating environmental information to relevant interested parties.